Tuesday, June 1, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'...

I realize there is near a 3 month gap between my posts, BUT I have an excuse. I've been in 8 countries (9 if you count leaving the US...) within the lat 3 months and havn't had enought time/money to sit at an internet cafe and update my blog. Good news for you, I kept a journal of what I did every day and plan on putting summaries on my blog. Bad news for you, I will not be doing that right now.

This is just a blog to say 'Hey, i'm alive ::exclamation point' (the exclamation/one key is broken on this computer). Yep, that's right. I'm not on my computer. It is currently sitting at foreign customs at the Sydney airport. SINCE MAY 20TH. blah..

Ok, so about the boots walking,... I literally scrambled through SE Asia. Unfortunately not in boots, but you catch my drift. THEN, I come to Sydney and EVERYONE wears boots. Not cowboy/girl boots. The fancy shmancy ones. Well, Allie was kind enough to set me up with a nice little winter wardrobe that included some boots. I have been walking so much that my toe has now started to poke out the end. SO, I bought new boots yesterday and LOVE them. I officially fit in to Sydney :)

Also, I thought I was a tea fanatic when I was in Texas, but HOLY COW I drink a lot of tea here. I basically had tea for breakfast and lunch yesterday. Speaking of lunch, there is the most amazing little (when I say little, I mean about 5 people can stand semi-comfortably in the waiting area) pie shop about a ten minute walk away from where I am staying. Bourke Street Bakery if you really want to look it up. Let's just say it's amazing. My friend Allie pointed this out to me not too long ago: When I find something I reallllyyyy like, I get very passionate about it. A lot of people do the same thing, so i'm not anything special, but some people just say 'man, I really like that thing ' and just continue on. I say the same thing but then continuously go back and relive it.

Kind of like this craft shop I passed one day walking back to where I am staying. I have been there 3 times in the past week to buy quality yarn and I even go back to show the shop owner the finished product.

So, passionate things this past week summary: boots, yarn, pie aaaand SYDNEY.

I FINALLY got to skype with my good friend Kendall and my sister and her adorable little family (yes, Chris.. you are adorable, too). Evan is just over 2yo now and Aubrie is 3 months and 3 weeks old :) I can't WAIT to get my computer so I can post pictures on here and show them off.

Pictures of Asia and Australia will be posted within 24 hours of receiving my mac.

Welp, I leave Sydeny to go to Townsville, QLD on June 7th. It's warmer up there, thank goodness. Wish me luck on finding a j.o.b. because Lord knows I need one... If it doesn't work out there I plan on going to the Whitsunday Islands or Airlie Beach. Somewhere around there. Other places on my list for the rest of the year are Darwin, Broome, Perth, Alice Springs (and Ayers Rock), and more Sydney in NSW. I can't WAIT to camper van it along the coast.

CHEERS

1 comment:

  1. We loved chatting with you, too! I can't wait for you to get your computer and keep us updated on your trip! I love reading about al your travels and experiences. Haha, you have to show a pic of the finished yarn project! Love and miss ya.

    ReplyDelete